You are here
Safety is Our Priority - Important Update Regarding COVID-19 Precautions
Cooperative Federal is committed to maintaining the health and safety of our members and staff. As we monitor the news about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we want to keep you informed about what our credit union is doing to prevent the spread of coronavirus and how you can help.
How Coop Fed is Working to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Sick Leave. We are actively encouraging staff members who are sick to stay at home and to seek medical attention as needed. Staff who are otherwise well but have sick family members at home are also being requested to stay at home. We have allocated additional sick time to all staff members to help ensure they can take the time they need.
- Clean Spaces. Staff are performing ongoing environmental cleaning. All surfaces are being cleaned with disinfectants on a regular basis and hand sanitizer is prominently available for use at all branches. Areas that are routinely touched by either staff or members are being given extra attention.
- Personal Care. All staff have been advised to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, and to avoid bodily contact with each other and with members to the extent possible.
- Remote Work. With the exception of member service staff operating a reduced branch schedule, all Coop Fed staff members are now working remotely.
- Social Distancing. We are following guidance issued by public health officials and Governor Cuomo and doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing.Coop Fed's Annual Meeting 2020, previously scheduled for Sunday 3/29, has been postponed until further notice. We have also postponed the May Day Brunch Honoring Ron Ehrenreich. Mark your calendars for the Solidarity Brunch Honoring Ron Ehrenreich - Sunday, October 4, 2020.
How You Can Help
- Use Self Service. Skip a trip to the office whenever possible. Cooperative Federal offers a variety of self-service options that allow you to handle routine transactions from home – including checking balances, reviewing transactions, making transfers between accounts and loans, paying bills and even depositing checks. Click below for more info or call 315-473-0220 for assistance.
- Be Informed. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) provides detailed information on combatting the virus that causes COVID–19. We encourage all of our members and staff to visit the CDC website. There is also a daily update on the Onondaga County website.
Remember - The best advice from the medical and mental health community is to focus on what each of us can control, including practicing habits that help us stay healthy. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention shares some things we can do if we are struggling, and lists resources if you need help.
We’ll Get Through This Together
The next few weeks or months may be difficult, including economic hardship for many households and small business owners. If you are having a hard time keeping your bills paid, your accounts positive, and your loans current, let us know. We are here to help you however we can.
Coop Fed’s Board and Management will continue to monitor this situation going forward and respond based on the best interest of our members, staff, and community. Please follow us on Facebook to receive announcements or visit our website for updates. Stay well.
Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on third party websites.