Hoy | Friday
Show Tomorrow >
You are here
Recursos locales y en línea*
For Small Businesses
- Up Start | An initiative of CenterState CEO's Economic Inclusion initiative, working to support and nourish promising local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Onondaga SBDC | Onondaga Small Business Development Center, offers support to small businesses through trainings, development of marketing and business plans, and more.
- SCORE | A national non-profit association with a local chapter providing small businesses with resources (mentors, workshops, online tools) to help them get off the ground and succeed.
- SSIC | Provides services and facilities to emerging entrepreneurs and businesses in Syracuse.
- WISE | A resource for women looking to start or grow their businesses.
- Tech Garden | An innovation and technology incubator, designed to support the growth of technology driven companies.
- Southwest Economic Business Resource Center | Provides education, training, development and technical assistance to small minority and women-owned businesses in the City of Syracuse.
- Near Westside Initiative | A community organization focused on revitalizing the Near Westside.
- Selecting a Card Processor | An article that discusses the most important considerations when choosing a Debit and Card Card Processor.
For Homebuyers and Homeowners
- HomeHeadquarters Inc. | A non-profit providing education, loans, and more to increase homeownership in Syracuse and Onondaga County.
- Empire Housing | A regional agency that provides home repair grants to income-eligible homebuyers, among other programs.
- University Neighborhood Preservation Association | A local organization that provides financial assistance to homeowners in the neighborhoods surrounding Syracuse University.
- Classic Cozy | A family-owned business offering energy efficiency home improvements, including access to NYSERDA grants and financial assistance.
- Syracuse Model Neighborhood Association | A non-profit working to increase affordable housing options for targeted neighborhoods in the city of Syracuse.
- Greater Syracuse Land Bank | Regional agency that acquires vacant properties, stabilizes them, and sells them to responsible buyers for redevelopment. These properties often sell below market value, to owners that have the means to complete renovations.
- Hiscock Legal Aid and Legal Services of CNY | Counseling and representation for homeowners at risk of foreclosure, and tenants who are facing eviction due to foreclosure.
- Jubilee Homes | Grassroots non-profit offering homebuyer education and support.
- Syracuse Departement of Neighborhood & Business Development | Division of the City of dedicated to presentive and enhancing Syracuse neighborhoods and commercial centers.
- NeighborWorks America | A national network of community development and housing organziations; follow the link to their consumer page for tips and info on buying a home, foreclosure help, and more.
For Personal Finance
- Syracuse Financial Empowerment Center | Free, one-on-one financial counseling sponsored by the City of Syracuse and managed by Home HeadQuarters, in collaboration with Coop Fed and other local partners.
- Onondaga Volunteer Lawyers Project | Free legal advice related to credit, judgements, and rental issues.
- Legal Services of CNY | Free advising related to eviction, consumer rights, public benefits, and more.
- Hiscock Legal Aid | Free representation related to unemployment and many other legal service needs.
- Nerd Scholar | Site filled with useful information, including tools to help you compare schools, find scholarships, estimate loan payments, etc.
- Cash Course | A free online financial literacy resource geared toward college students. Includes budgeting tools and calculators, articles, quizzes, and more.
For Tax Filers
- Tax Season Tips | Advice on where to find free tax prep services in Syracuse, and other ways to make the most of your tax refund.
- TaxHelp.org | A database of reputable Certified Public Accountants that can file taxes for businesses, students, and other individuals, plus a wealth of other information to help you understand and navigate the tax-filing process.
- IRS Free Tax Prep Directory | A database of Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (VITA) sites certified by the IRS, with links to other tax filing resources.
More Useful Resources
- Nerd Wallet | Website designed to help empower consumers to make smart financial decisions.
- My Credit Union.gov | Government's guide to credit unions, ¡disponible en español!
- Fuel Economy Guide | Guide designed yearly to collect information about fuel economy, fuel costs, and emissions details for for new model year vehicles.
*Cooperative Federal is not responsible for the website content of any third-party website.