You are here
Learn community development finance working in the most funky, diverse, and vibrant neighborhoods in Syracuse. Join a dedicated team of community activists posing as bankers. Together we will help our members build financial strength and foster economic solidarity.
Member Services Manager
We are seeking a Member Services Manager to lead teams of Member Service professionals that are dedicated to improving the lives of our members, their families, and communities.
The following essential responsibilities are driven by our mission: to serve those underserved by conventional financial institutions, to manage our members’ assets responsibly, and rebuild the local economy in ways that foster justice:
• Supervise the teller operations at our four community branches by assigning work, answer questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems.
• Effectively model the exceptional member service experience by passionately leading, motivating and participating in branch activities;
• Ensure that staff is trained and cross-trained to ensure consistent delivery of quality service to members and ensure accuracy in transactions.
• Participate in strategic planning as a Management Team member; lead Member Service activities and initiatives to reach strategic goals and growth plan.
• Represent the credit union at community events as well as seek opportunities to expand relationships with employer groups;
• Coach team to blend exceptional member service with referrals to the credit union’s asset-building, financial education, and loan programs, and provide education and guidance to members on the use of Cooperative Federal’s multiple delivery channels; and
• Continuously and proactively researches, develops, and implements strategies to improve overall operating efficiencies
Qualifications: Applicants should be passionate about advancing the credit union’s community development and social justice mission, and enthusiastic about working with diverse audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with five years of leadership experience
• Must have solid leadership, managerial, and project management skills
• Experience managing multiple locations preferred
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Must also exhibit sound, independent judgment, strong analytical skills, and have a proven track record for multi-tasking and performing duties in a fast paced environment.
• General knowledge of Windows operating systems. At minimum, intermediate level user of Word and Excel.
Applications: To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a cover letter.
You can also check out other ways to get involved with Coop Fed.