You are here
By pairing the tools of finance with personalized guidance, Cooperative Federal fosters inclusion, equity, and solidarity in the diverse neighborhoods of Syracuse. Joining our team is making a choice to dedicate yourself to building our local community and advancing social justice.
Mortgage Loan Originator
The following essential responsibilities are driven by our mission: to serve those underserved by conventional financial institutions, to manage our members’ assets responsibly, and rebuild the local economy in ways that foster justice:
- Assist members with the loan application process, explain the loan process, and answer member questions during the loan process to ensure completeness of information
- Intake of loan applications in-person, over the phone, or electronically. Gather documentation, perform income and employment verifications. Advise applicants about the credit union's mortgage loan products.
- Prepare loan packages in compliance with policies, procedures, secondary market investor guidelines, and Private Mortgage Insurance guidelines. Underwrite PMI coverage in accordance with vendor policy.
- Prepare mortgage loan application and document packet for closing; coordinate with appropriate parties to ensure closing deadlines are met per purchase contract, grant funding sources, etc.
- Complete execution of security interest of credit union; ensure that the documentation on titles is accurate and up-to-date
- Participate in all Lending Department training to ensure updated knowledge on credit union policy, procedures, guidelines, secondary market investor guidelines, PMI guidelines, and any applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must have or develop thorough knowledge of loan servicing functions, specifically loan documentation and collateral requirements;
- Ability to research and compile information for the purpose of formulating recommendations
- Proficient in PC, math and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel, and must develop proficiency in the credit union core system software.
- Project management experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for an open position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Coop Fed's HR team.
You can also check out other ways to get involved with Coop Fed.