Need help with money management or credit building?
Want to be a homeowner?
Having trouble with your landlord?
Stuck with a bad mortgage you cannot afford?
Our certified housing & financial counselors can help you solve problems and reach your goals.
Credit Building and Money Management
Learn how to access, understand, and strengthen your credit report with individual assistance from Coop Fed staff. We can help you negotiate with creditors, dispute errors, and consider loans to consolidate debts. We can also help you create a spending and saving plan, and give you tips and coaching to stay on track.
For more information, call (315)476-1451.
HUD-approved Counseling with'Home Base'
Home Base is Cooperative Federal's HUD-approved Housing Counseling Program. Through this program, we provide education and advising around issues that face potential, new and current homeowners.
Getting Ready to Buy a Home
Through advice, counseling, and workshops we can help you to:
- understand if homeownership is right for you,
- get ready to be a homebuyer,
- build credit or repair credit,
- make housing and financial choices
- plan and budget for success
- Check out our Matched Savings Programs for Home Buyers
Housing Advisors provide housing counseling, advocacy and links to classes, mortgage lenders, realtors, legal advisors and agencies with available funds, grants and services.Contact us at 476-5290. Our services are available to credit union members and to non-members as well.
Support for Homeowners
We work with current homeowners to:
- learn how to live with your new home,
- work within your budget
- plan and budget for repairs and improvements,
- find affordable home improvement loans
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage
Contact our Housing Advisors at 476-5290.
- get out of a bad mortgage,
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage,
- fix a default or avoid foreclosure,
- negotiate with your lender,
- work out a payment plan with a lender.
We provide comprehensive foreclosure prevention services, including connections to legal services. Cooperative Federal is a member of the Foreclosure Prevention Coalition, composed of Syracuse area HUD-approved counseling agencies. For assistance, please call 476-5290 (for credit union members) or 474-1939 ext. 253 (for non-members) to reach the Coalition.
You can also start the foreclosure assistance process, by completing forms that can be found on the Home HeadQuarters website: http://www.homehq.org/Foreclosure/Apps.html
Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on outside websites.