Want to be a homeowner?
Having trouble with your landlord?
Stuck with a bad mortgage you cannot afford?
Our HUD-approved Counselors can help with all your housing issues!
Our 'Home Base' Team Can Help You
Cooperative Federal's Home Base,a HUD-approved program, provides comprehensive housing advising and educational programs for issues that face potential, new and current homeowners.
Getting Ready to Buy a Home
Through advice, counseling, and workshops we can help you to:
- understand if homeownership is right for you,
- get ready to be a homebuyer,
- build credit or repair credit,
- make housing and financial choices
- plan and budget for success
Housing Advisors provide housing counseling, advocacy and links to classes, mortgage lenders, realtors, legal advisors and agencies with available funds, grants and services.Contact us at 476-5290. Our services are available to credit union members and to non-members as well.
Support for Homeowners
We work with current homeowners to:
- learn how to live with your new home,
- work within your budget
- plan and budget for repairs and improvements,
- find affordable home improvement loans
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage
Contact our Housing Advisors at 476-5290.
- get out of a bad mortgage,
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage,
- fix a default or avoid foreclosure,
- negotiate with your lender,
- work out a payment plan with a lender.
We provide comprehensive foreclosure prevention services, including connections to legal services. Cooperative Federal is a member of the Foreclosure Prevention Coalition, composed of Syracuse area HUD-approved counseling agencies. For assistance, please call 476-5290 (for credit union members) or 474-1939 ext. 253 (for non-members) to reach the Coalition.
You can also start the foreclosure assistance process, by completing forms that can be found on the Home HeadQuarters website: http://www.homehq.org/Foreclosure/Apps.html
Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on outside websites.