You are here
By pairing the tools of finance with personalized guidance, Cooperative Federal fosters inclusion, equity, and solidarity in the diverse neighborhoods of Syracuse. Joining our team is making a choice to dedicate yourself to building our local community and advancing social justice.
Serve NY AmeriCorps VISTA
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Coop VISTA will build programmatic and organizational capacity to fight poverty by:
- developing and sustaining innovative community programs
- creating stronger communications strategies; and
- cultivating strategies and resources for organizational sustainability.
Through this, the VISTA will increase the scale, sustainability, and efficacy of the Coop’s community finance work.
Please apply for this position through the My AmeriCorps Portal: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=92898&fromSearch=true.
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee lending program operations including loan production goals; portfolio management; loan policies and systems, loan portfolio reporting; loan servicing, and business development.
- Manage the entire loan closing process including coordination with internal departments, borrowers, and outside legal counsel.
- Develop a comprehensive plan, timeline, and performance measures for meeting lending objectives.
- Evaluate existing loan products and develop new opportunities that support community development and opportunity lending.
- Oversees and manages the borrower flow from application to closing.
- Pursue business development opportunities to expand and enhance borrower relationships and lending opportunities.
- Stays current on all regulatory guidelines related to lending, shares information with others; ensures that department is in compliance with laws and regulation.
- Participate in community events presenting Cooperative Federal lending products to community partners and potential clients, public speaking when required
- Working knowledge of lending including the loan functions of closing, servicing, reporting, and administration. Management experience with preference for experience in community lending. Experience with mortgage lending and/or housing counseling, or small business lending and/or counseling a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and comparable work experience.
- Proven ability of the following: seek and develop productive working relationships in order to promote and present complex lending products, negotiate complex transactions tactfully, analyze and develop complex financial lending models, and demonstrate advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exercise sound judgment and find creative solutions to assist members to reach goals. Must be creative while coloring within the lines.
- Prior training in regulatory compliance preferred.
- NMLS License with residential lending experience in a financial institution. Secondary Market experience helpful.
- Must embrace our mission to serve the underserved.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or other languages) candidates are preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Rate of pay for these positions depends on experience. Our competitive benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance; option to join 401k retirement savings plan at 6 month anniversary; sick and vacation days plus all federal holidays off with pay.
To apply for an open staff position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Coop Fed's HR team. Cooperative Federal is an equal opportunity employer.
You can also check out other ways to get involved with Coop Fed.