Today | Wednesday
Show Tomorrow >
You are here
Local & Online Resources*
For Tax Filers
- Tax Season Tips | Advice on where to find free tax prep services in Syracuse, and other ways to make the most of your tax refund.
- TaxHelp.org | A database of reputable Certified Public Accountants that can file taxes for businesses, students, and other individuals, plus a wealth of other information to help you understand and navigate the tax-filing process.
- IRS Free Tax Prep Directory | A database of Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (VITA) sites certified by the IRS, with links to other tax filing resources.
For Small Businesses
- Selecting a Card Processor | An article that discusses the most important considerations when choosing a Debit and Card Card Processor.
- Northside UP | An organization working to radically improve the quality of life within the Northside of Syracuse. Home of the Northside Business Partnership and UP Start Syracuse.
- SCORE | A national non-profit association with a local chapter providing small businesses with resources (mentors, workshops, online tools) to help them get off the ground and succeed.
- Onondaga SBDC | Onondaga Small Business Development Center, offers support to small businesses through trainings, development of marketing and business plans, and more.
- SSIC | Provides services and facilities to emerging entrepreneurs and businesses in Syracuse.
- WISE | A resource for women looking to start or grow their businesses.
- Tech Garden | An innovation and technology incubator, designed to support the growth of technology driven companies.
- Southwest Economic Business Resource Center | Provides education, training, development and technical assistance to small minority and women-owned businesses in the City of Syracuse.
- Near Westside Initiative | A community organization focused on revitalizing the Near Westside.
For Homebuyers and Homeowners
- HomeHeadquarters Inc. | A non-profit providing education, loans, and more to increase homeownership in Syracuse and Onondaga County.
- Classic Cozy | A family-owned business offering energy efficiency home improvements, including access to NYSERDA grants and financial assistance.
- Syracuse Model Neighborhood Association | A non-profit working to increase affordable housing options for targeted neighborhoods in the city of Syracuse.
- NeighborWorks America | A national network of community development and housing organziations; follow the link to their consumer page for tips and info on buying a home, foreclosure help, and more.
- Nerd Scholar | Site filled with useful information, including tools to help you compare schools, find scholarships, estimate loan payments, etc.
- Cash Course | A free online financial literacy resource geared toward college students. Includes budgeting tools and calculators, articles, quizzes, and more.
More Useful Resources
- Nerd Wallet | Website designed to help empower consumers to make smart financial decisions.
- My Credit Union.gov | Government's guide to credit unions, ¡disponible en español!
- Fuel Economy Guide | Guide designed yearly to collect information about fuel economy, fuel costs, and emissions details for for new model year vehicles.
*Cooperative Federal is not responsible for the website content of any third-party website.