You are here
Housing & Financial Counseling
Cooperative Federal offers more than accounts and loans. Our certified counselors can help you make action plans, solve problems and reach your goals.
You may benefit from counseling services if you
- want to build or improve your credit score
- need help paying down debt or making a realistic budget
- struggle to save money
- want to become a homeowner, or
- need helping maintaining a home you already own.
These services are available to anyone, whether or not you're already a member of our credit union.
1-on-1 Guidance from the Syracuse Financial Empowerment Center
Cooperative Federal is proud to offer free, professional, individualized financial counseling in partnership with the Syracuse Financial Empowerment Center. You can meet with a counselor at Coop Fed's South Avenue or Burt Street locations, or at several other sites around the city. This public service is open to anyone!
FEC counselors are certified to deliver advising on
|Make an Appointment with the FEC*|
HUD-Approved Housing Counseling at Coop Fed
Getting Ready to Buy a Home
Through advice, counseling, and online education we can help you to
- understand if homeownership is right for you,
- build or repair credit,
- learn about the homebuying process,
- make a budget that works for you, and
- plan for home maintenance.
Support for Homeowners
If you already own a home, we can work with you to
- manage a household budget,
- plan for repairs and improvements,
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage, and
- stay on track with your mortgage payments.
If you're already behind on mortgage payments and trying to avoid foreclosure, the best way to begin is to register for Home HeadQuarter's free workshop on Understanding & Preventing Foreclosure. To learn more about the workshop to to register, visit the Home HeadQuarters website.*
Coop Fed offers one-on-one housing counseling as a free service to our community.
For enrollment fees related to homebuyer education, learn about our online course.
Reach a Housing Counselor
For more information or to make an indvidual appointment, call 476-5290 or send us a message.
If you are interested in homebuyer education, learn about our online course.
*Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on external websites.