You are here
Housing & Financial Counseling
Cooperative Federal offers more than accounts and loans. Our certified counselors can help you make action plans, solve problems and reach your goals.
You may benefit from counseling services if you
- need help with money management or credit building,
- have trouble saving money,
- want to become a homeowner, or
- feel stuck with a bad mortgage you can't afford.
These services are available to anyone, whether or not you're already a member of our credit union.
Credit Building and Money Management
Learn how to access, understand, and strengthen your credit report with individual assistance from Coop Fed's counseling team. We can help you negotiate with creditors, dispute errors, and consider loans to consolidate debts. We can also help you create a spending and saving plan, and give you tips and coaching to stay on track.
Contact our Financial Education Department for information or appointments.
Home Base: HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
Getting Ready to Buy a Home
Through advice, counseling, and online education we can help you to
- understand if homeownership is right for you,
- build or repair credit,
- learn about the homebuying process,
- make a budget that works for you, and
- plan for home maintenance.
Support for Homeowners
If you already own a home, we can work with you to
- manage a household budget,
- plan for repairs and improvements,
- refinance to a more affordable mortgage,
- negotiate with your lender,
- avoid delinquency and foreclosure, and
- find free or low-cost legal assistance.
If you're trying to avoid foreclosure, the best way to begin is to register for Home HeadQuarter's free workshop on Understanding & Preventing Foreclosure. To learn more about the workshop to to register, visit the Home HeadQuarters website.*
Reach a Counselor
For more information or to make an indvidual appointment, contact Home Base.
If you are interested in homebuyer education, learn about our online course.
|Individual Housing Counseling||$0|
|Individual Credit and Budget Counseling||$0 - $25* per hour|
|Homebuyer Education Course||Varies - Read More|
**For credit and budget counseling, we have a sliding fee scale from $0 to $25 per hour, depending on your financial situation and the availability of grants or scholarships. If the fees present a hardship for you, waivers are generally available.
Your counseling appointment includes a free copy of your credit report and credit score. Our counselors do "soft pulls," so the inquiry doesn't impact your credit!
*Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on external websites.