You are here
Cooperative Federal is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Certification is a federal designation given by the US Treasury Department's CDFI Fund. CDFIs include credit unions, community banks, loan funds, and other specialized organizations that serve low-income and under-served communities.
To become certified as a CDFI, organizations must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- "Have a primary mission of promoting community development"
- "Provide both financial and educational services"
- "Serve and maintain accountability to one or more defined target markets,"
- "Maintain accountability to a defined market"
- "Be a legal, non-governmental entity at the time of application (with the exception of Tribal governmental entities)"
CDFIs provide loans, advising, and other services to first-time homebuyers, community facilities, affordable housing developers, small and micro businesses, and/or individuals.
For more information, visit the CDFI Fund Website. Note: Cooperative Federal is not responsible for content on outside websites.